Friday, October 29, 2010
From left: Olof Larsson, Raymo Ventura, Martine Emilie Fonstad-Smith, Hampus Lemhag, Mattis Forsman & Johan Svensson.
The Hyper Island blog would like to congratulate the pictured group of Hyper Island students for placing 3rd out of 198 (WOW!) in an OpenIDEO contest promoting fresh food.
The Hero Food movement group was born during the Idea Generation Week where one student from each class joined together for this project. The challenge was posted on OpenIDEO.com, an online platform where people design together for social good. With the brief, “how can we raise kids' awareness of the benefits of fresh food so they can make better choices?” presented by Jamie Oliver, it gathered huge attention and almost 200 concepts were submitted.
Here is the initial brief and here is more on our great Hyper Island group.
Upplagd av Hyper Island kl. 1:55 PM
Thursday, October 28, 2010
The celebration of Swedish Knowledge Awards 2010 continues. Hyper Island received the prize from H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria during Monday night.
Again, thank you all for making Hyper Island a hero of knowledge.
For more pictures go to the Hyper Island Flickr site or visit DM11 student Nina Amjadis blog
Upplagd av Hyper Island kl. 11:02 AM
Monday, October 18, 2010
Yeah! Hyper island just won the Swedish Knowledge Awards of 2010. Congratulations to all you former students, co-workers and current students all over the world. We wish you all could have been around for the cake today..
The prize will be presented by H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria in a big banquet next week.
Keep spreading the word by using #Kunskapspriset on Twitter.
Upplagd av Hyper Island kl. 1:49 PM
Thursday, October 14, 2010
For five days, eight students from Hyper Island flew to London to work with two briefs for Soup and Skive.
Their clients were ActionAid and NSCPP and the week resulted in a Hyper Island Workshop, a new blog and an upcoming article in New Media Age.
– We decided to call the group our ‘Hyper Helpers’, which we used as a hashtag on Twitter. We also asked the students to chronicle their experience across the week, which they did on hyperhelpers.tumblr.com, says Louis Clement, Creative Director at Skive.
- It is the feeling of inspiration and the love of the fact that it can come from nowhere that is magical about this job. I fell in love with digital because of its ability to consistently produce surprising, moving and exciting experiences that make our lives better and more interesting. And it was the Hyper Island students who reminded me why I wanted to work in this industry in the first place and I will remember it as one of the highlights of my time at Skive, says Senior Marketing Manager Tom Ollerton.
Also, read about the groups adventure at swedish daily, Dagens Media .
Upplagd av Hyper Island kl. 1:35 PM
Friday, October 8, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Last week Dario Buzzini and Fredrik Aidehag from IDEO in Germany visited us. They ran a workshop about centered user design and idea generation for the Interactive Art Directors students here at Hyper Island.
Lorenzo Calvani from the Digital Media program seized the opportunity to get some quotes regarding internship advice and what they thought about Hyper Island.
– We know that Hyper Island is like a magnet for very talented people. When we come here we want to introduce IDEO and inspire, as well as getting inspired by all the students.
Do you have any advice on how to apply for an internship at IDEO?
- A good advice is to apply for one of the european offices. Your chances of hearing back from us then will definitely increase.
– Lorenzo Calvani, Digital Media 2011
Upplagd av Hyper Island kl. 1:18 PM