Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Our Digitial Media students just started the TIP-module. TIP is short for The Industry Project. In this module the students are working on sharp projects with real clients. One of the responsible for this module is Ann Westfelt, who is also working as a structuring coach. I asked her some questions about the module and what a structuring coach really does.
- In this module the students are working on sharp projects for five weeks. They run their own businesses and have to manage everything from dealing with the clients, making business plans, closing deals, deliver on time, and so on, Ann Westfelt says.
Who are the clients?
- Different companies like Natur och Kultur (a Swedish publishing house) and Stockholm Pride Festival.
What does a structuring coach do?
- I help people and companies make their lives and work easier and more effective. If people know how to work efficient they can save a lot of time and money. Many people do things more complicated than they have to.
Finally I asked Ann Westfelt for some advice or recommendations to make life and work easier:
1. Simplify! Don’t make it more complicated than it is.
2. Set up defined goals!
3. Change your bad habits.
4. Let it take time in the beginning. You save time in the end.
5. Have fun. If you have fun you will find the energy.
Upplagd av Pernilla kl. 12:20 PM